BRIESE RESEARCH is responsible for the management of the German research vessels ALKOR, HEINCKE, POSEIDON, MARIA S. MERIAN, ELISABETH MANN BORGESE, METEOR, SENCKENBERG and SONNE. Furthermore the department currently takes care for the crew management of RV POLARFUCHS. The RESEARCH DEPARTMENT additionally offers its own special purpose vessel GRINNA for biological explorations.
As part of a worldwide operating shipping company the BRIESE RESEARCH offers:
- full management of research vessels
- chartering and brokerage of special purpose vessels
- supervision of newbuilding projects
- the selection and recruitment of duly qualified and experienced crew
- an interface for partners from shipping and science
- design, creation and realization of logistic models